Saturday, January 29, 2011

Where does my drive come from....

I don't know why but, I get urged on when someone tells me that I can't do something or that something is just a waste of time and won't produce anything of worth. Maybe it's my background, but that's how it's been and that's how I will be.

I don't necessarily get feeling of "I have to prove them wrong" but, instead get feelings of "I know it can be done and I am going to show myself."

I started noticing it with P90X. No one said to me... "Nate you can't do P90X and do it the right way". When I would bring it up I would hear "It's a great program but ...." or "I'd get better results doing...." I'm not saying everyone is like that. It's little stabs like that from people that push me to go harder. What has come out of those stabs?? I am on day 6 of P90X and though I have lost around 10 pounds, the key is that I have maintained that weight and have seen visible evidence that I am doing it the right way. I am getting results. Granted there have been people that have urged me in a good way, but I find it more exhilarating to think of how I heard bad things about something and I show myself true. And showing myself true through hard work and perseverance.

Then it got me thinking about other things...

When Beck and I got married, no one said we weren't right for each other. Just had little jabs acting as if the way we were doing it was leading to failure. And some from people that are well respected and rightfully so. Others may have forgotten. But 10 years and 4 kids later I still remember and feel satisfied in the fact that it wasn't a failure at all. Again through hard work and perseverance.

And now whether people discount it or not I believe in One24. I have heard the stories of those in it and believe that it is a opportunity for success. It is a way to change your life financially and health-wise. It is a solid company that wants you to succeed. I have heard the small stabs, not meaning to be hurtful (I understand they have been jokes or statements in jest), but urging me none the less. I have been working hard and I know success will be the end result.

I have learned to not be mad at others opinions. (A lesson many Americans and people in general would be better off by learning) I have learned that you can use them as a way to better yourself through hard work and perseverance. That sometimes people live off of emotion and miss things that could have made their life better. That the saying is true, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going". That I am going to be tough in working hard to make my life and my families life better. They are mainly who I am accountable for. That I'd rather push hard for the right things and miss then to sit and write things off as not applicable or worth trying. And it is ok to have conviction in something and to drive towards it. That's what I want my kids to learn. That's what I want to show others. Hard work and Drive pay off.


I have been checking off "Bucket List" items. With or without money. Mainly because of effort. Have you? Have you been doing things you always wanted to. Have you tried? Yes it has been a sacrifice at times. I want to be healthy and be back in shape the way I was. I want to be financially free to help my family and others. I want to work for myself. I want to finish life with vigor and excitement. I DON'T want to look back and say " Man I wish I would have tried this or done that" You aren't promised to breathe your next breath. You aren't promised anything. You don't know what could happen. Be grateful for what you have and push forward to what you want. Build a drive to be successful. I don't regret having one build up in me.

I thank God everyday that he wakes me up and puts me in position to be successful. I thank God for my family. I thank God for a brain that is healthy and unabated. I thank God for everything I have. Am I perfect.... NO WAY. But again that's why there is grace.

Whether or not you believe any of those things I recommend you wake up the same way. Thankful and grateful and ready to go. Use what others say as motivation in your life, whether what they say is good or bad. It will change your thinking and inevitably your life.

Thanks for reading.

DRIVE 2 SUCCEED

The Commish

www.drive2suceed.net

1 comment:

  1. You are on the right track. Never let anyone tell you that you cannot do something. Once you put your mind to something, the only thing that can stop you is yourself. There will always be doubters out there who make it their goal in life to shoot down your dreams and ideas. As long as you are following God's plan for your life, you will be successful. Get it Nate!

    ReplyDelete